How to Find Independent Courier Jobs
How to Find Independent Courier Jobs
Independent contractor drivers and owner operators can find local jobs and projects with GoShare’s courier services. Courier driver jobs are in demand because the hours are flexible and the work experience requirements aren’t strict. As long as you’ve got a positive attitude and a good work ethic, you’ll find courier opportunities for full time and part-time work. Here’s how to find courier driver jobs with GoShare.
Individuals looking for stability can seek out an employed courier position with an established delivery service. Those looking for flexibility or a side hustle can set themselves up as an independent courier using job boards and apps. Learn more about starting your own independent courier service by reading our post here.
To become a delivery courier, most companies and courier apps have some minimum requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a clean driving record and a driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a working vehicle (if working as an independent driver)
- Must have a smartphone with a data plan (if working as an independent driver)
Most courier work does not require additional training. However, if you are pursuing work as a medical courier, you will also need to obtain a license in order to handle sensitive biological materials. Some employers may help sponsor you for this training.
Use GoShare to find Courier Jobs
GoShare helps couriers working as independent contractor drivers and owner operators find local jobs and projects. The company has partnerships with hundreds of companies and currently operates in most major US cities.
GoShare’s technology enables thousands of delivery entrepreneurs to find local projects, whether they are looking for part-time weekend work or additional support for their full-time business.
Couriers using the GoShare app receive a job alert whenever a nearby customer or business requests a courier service. GoShare handles the customer booking, billing, and provides cargo insurance for all projects. Customers are billed and money is directly deposited into your bank account within a week.
How to Sign Up For GoShare
All couriers and drivers using GoShare’s platform must pass through a brief orientation and onboarding that includes a background check and verification of vehicle and insurance documents.
This process takes 1-2 weeks on average, but can be as little as 3-4 days if the applicant provides all the necessary documentation and information in a timely manner
Apply now to get started or learn more on GoShare’s Driver Resources page. The initial application only takes a few minutes. If you pass the basic requirements, you will have access to GoShare’s information orientation video and onboarding portal.
In order to use GoShare’s platform, your vehicle needs to meet some simple, basic requirements.
The vehicle must be less than 15 years old at the time you join the platform. This is an insurance requirement. No exceptions are made, even for excellently maintained vehicles.
Your vehicle must be able to pass a basic inspection. This inspection affirms that your vehicle is in working order, with no safety concerns. The inspection will review the status and functionality of your vehicle’s:
- Tail Lights
- Turn Signals
- Brake Lights
- Windshield Wipers
- Rear Window
- Interior and Exterior Rear View Mirrors
- Emergency/Parking Brake
- Steering Mechanism
- Dashboard/No Warning Lights
- Muffler and Exhaust
- Brake Pads
- Safety belts
You will need to be able to provide proof of insurance and vehicle registration documents.
Your name must be listed as an insured driver on the proof of insurance document, whether you are the owner of the vehicle or not.
If you are not the owner of the vehicle, and someone else’s name appears on the vehicle registration, you may need to provide a notarized letter from that individual stating you have permission to use the vehicle for projects through GoShare.
Vehicles acquired through short-term rentals (such as Uhaul) are not eligible for courier driver use on the platform.
Background Check Requirements
In order to pass the GoShare background check, you must be able to meet the standard below.
- No felonies or violent misdemeanors.
- No history of multiple misdemeanors.
- Individuals registered on the National Sex Offender Registry or DOJ50-State Sex Offender registry do not qualify for GoShare.
- Individuals included on domestic or international government watchlists do not qualify for GoShare.
- Must have an in-state driver’s license for your state of residence. Active duty military are exempt from the in-state license requirement, but will be asked to provide proof of service. No other exceptions.
- No driving-related convictions for hit-and-run, speeding 100+ mph, reckless driving, street racing, or speed contest.
- No DUI, felony or other drug-related driving violations in the last 7 years.
- No major vehicle violation in the past 5 years
- No violations in the past 3 years for driving on a suspended, revoked or invalid license or insurance.
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- No more than 2 accidents in the past 3 years
- No more than 1 moving violation and 1 accident in the past 3 years
- No more than 3 minor violations in the past 3 years including accidents, traffic light violations, speeding, or moving violations.
- No infractions or violations if ages 18 to 21 years of age. Must have at least 2 years of clean and unrestricted driving experience.
If you found this information helpful, check out these additional posts.
- Does My Vehicle Qualify for GoShare?
- Top 5 Reasons to Deliver for GoShare
- Why Does GoShare Require a Background Check?
- The Perfect Side Hustles for Truck and Van Owners
- The Best Vehicle to Own for Your Trucking Business
- How to apply for an EIN
- Freight Board for Cargo Vans and Sprinter Vans
- Top 10 High Paying Side Jobs in 2020
- Just-In-Time Logistics: What is it?